Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

tkhash64
My Device: Blackberry Pearl Flip 8230
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Pearl Flip 8230 GPS

I purchased the Pearl Flip 8230 with the given knowledge that the gps was enabled not locked to third party software.  Now I cannot use this phone for what I purchased it for.  I have contacted the company and my carrier and have been told by my carrier that Blackberry can do a locate on the phone, but that is the only one that CAN do it.  There is no software out there that can be used on this phone for location purposes.

I was misinformed, please if you are reading this, make sure you do your research before you buy a Blackberry phone.  They have high security and privacy and what I have been told, most all of their phones are just like this.  I was informed that Droid's are best for being able to download third party software.  I have spent a small fortune, not only on the phone, but software before I knew it would not work and now I am having to fight with these people to get a refund because of this.

It would seem with all of the posts that are on here of the people with this issue, that Blackberry would come up with an upgrade to UNLOCK their GPS on their phones, but with as long as they have had this, I highly doubt they will do this, which, I think is ridiculous.

Please use plain text.