Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
DonKalal
My Device: Pearl
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth Headset - works for calls only

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100 Smartphone. I was quickly able to get a bluetooth headset to work with it. Unfortunately, when playing music the headset does not work (the sound only comes out of the phone via handset or speaker). If a calls comes in while music is playing, the bluetooth headset picks it up.

Am I doing something wrong? Why doesn't music on the pearl play via bluetooth if that is what I want?
Thanks for any help out there...

don
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DonKalal

Re: Bluetooth Headset - works for calls only

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100 Smartphone. I was quickly able to get a bluetooth headset to work with it. Unfortunately, when playing music the headset does not work (the sound only comes out of the phone via handset or speaker). If a calls comes in while music is playing, the bluetooth headset picks it up.

Am I doing something wrong? Why doesn't music on the pearl play via bluetooth if that is what I want?
Thanks for any help out there...

don
Please use plain text.
BlackBarry
My Device: Not Specified

I am not sure about the 8100, but on my 8820 I could not get the media player to work with a bluetooth headset. I did some surfing and found that downloading the mobiol xPlayer allows this. You can download it for free if you intend to only play content from your phone, but if you want the Live Radio feature you have to pay for it. When installed go to MENU -> Settings -> General -> and in Playback Audio Path, choose Bluetooth. (make sure bluetooth is on or it will play thru the phone) when a call comes in, the player will pause so you can answer the call.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaykay3
My Device: Not Specified

Does Xplayer work on BB Pearl Flip 8220?

I downloaded xplayer but there is no exe file, how will I install it to my phone? I will really appreciate if somebody can help me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DonKalal

simply upgrading the OS worked. Problem solved.
Please use plain text.