Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
fruity46
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: 02

Camera

Hi my Blackberry pearl flip 8220 mobile phone has developed a problem with the camera when I try to open it I get this message " ! Could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again " Well you can guess it won't open so not able to take pictures. I have looked to see if any applications are open but as only had the phone for a short while I have no applicants.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fruity46

Re: Camera

Hi just answered my own question after reading others take battery out and restart the phone and now the camera works

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

That error usually is caused by a hardware failure in the camera. I would keep a close eye on it and if you see it again I would return the device and exchange it for a new one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pugsley51
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Self help therapy, nothing like it is there?:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fruity46

Hi many thanks for your reply I will keep that in mind. Now I have another problem my emails have stopped coming through and I have checked to see if my setting are correct and switched on so I will remove the battery again and see if that works

Please use plain text.