Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
RascalC
My Carrier: Rogers wireless

Camera

[ Edited ]

:manfrustrated:

Is there no way to disable the shutter clicking sound on the camera? I have found no option, yet another option missing or removed in OS 6. other brand  phones have this option, why not blackberry? the more I get to know the black berry phone, the less I like it.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Camera

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Please refer to this KB:

• KB22366 Camera shutter click sound plays when the Profile is set to Mute

Natively, BB camera shutter sounds cannot be disabled. This is often due to security restrictions at various places...if they forbid the taking of pictures on their site, then having no shutter sound could enable someone to take pictures anyway. The sound would alert others to the fact.

As for your question of "why"...well, that's a bit more difficult. The only supposition that can be made is because the makers of BBs chose to do so. Probably just one more part of what makes BBs the most secure mobile devices on the market.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RascalC
My Carrier: Rogers wireless

Re: Camera

no this particular aspect has nothing to do with the BB's device security, it has to do with security policies of certain places, but thank you for answering.

Please use plain text.