Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
leafsgirl
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 5820
Accepted Solution

Can't connect to my home WiFi... also, email question

On my Wi-Fi diagnostics it says "Security credentials are not sufficient to complete connection" under Status. However, I have a grey WiFi symbol in the upper right corner. What do either of these mean?

I've also successfuly set up my email, but now every time I get an email, I get an identical text message. Is there any way to make it so I don't get both?

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sijan188
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't connect to my home WiFi... also, email question

A grey WiFi symbol in the upper right corner just means that you have turned your wifi on.

on the status, were you asked to enter a password. it generally happens when u havent entered correct password or no password at all.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Yeah, sounds like you don't have the proper password saved for the wifi connection.

As far as a text message for every email can you be more specific?  What email domain (@what.com) and how did you set it up?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
leafsgirl

Even with the Pre-Shared Key entered for my network, it will not connect - is the PSK the same thing as the network password? We're on WPA, if that makes any difference.

I have my gmail set up with my BlackBerry. Whenever I receive an email, I get the message in two folders - one called "messages", which also receives SMS and in another folder with my email address as the title. Is it possible to separate the two, and prevent the emails from mixing in with my text messages, or will I have to delete them from that folder every time?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

You must be entering the wrong password for the PSK.  It's not necessarily the same as the network password.

You can split sms and emails by going to Messages >Options >General Options >SMS and Email Inboxes."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
leafsgirl

Ok, well at least we have the email thing solved, thank you :smileyhappy:

But I'm still a bit frustrated with this wi-fi business. I can't think of any other password to use aside from my network password. Every time I try to connect I get the message "Failed to authenticate against the network". All the computers in my house run off the wireless network and have no problems with connections, and I've been able to connect my BB at least to my laptop using bluetooth.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leafsgirl

Well, nevermind, I got it working by myself somehow.
Please use plain text.
melbourn1977
My Device: Curve9800
My Carrier: Optus

i have the exact same problem - how did you fix it?

Tom

Please use plain text.
Calikusu
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Cricket

Hope it helps.

Go to setup and then set up wifi then follow these steps,
1 - press next
2- press push button setup
3 - press next
4 - press the wifi button on your router and wait till you connect your wifi at home.

Please use plain text.