Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't see youtube videos on my blackberry pearl 8100

hi guys!!!

any help on this issue? i'm running on a 4.5 OS version and when i click the "watch video" link on any youtube video nothing happens.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 8130

Re: Can't see youtube videos on my blackberry pearl 8100

What is your service provider and do you have an unlimited data plan?

Other than that, I'd check your browser settings. Make sure your Browser push is on and set to allow or auto (in advanced options from the options menu on your home screen), and check your browser options while in the browser (click the menu button, scroll down to options, select Browser Configuration, and make sure you have Support JavaScript checked and make sure you have Support Embedded Media checked.

If that doesn't help, I'd wait for a reply from another user here or contact your service provider's BB support.

Hope I helped. Good luck hun!

-

~Mady
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

the pearls are incapable of viewing youtube... I asked ATT if they knew and thats what they told me.... The phone they told me that can is the new blackberry bold.
Contributor
My Device: Curve- Tmobile

im having the same problem!

:smileyfrustrated:

cannot watch videos from youtube (i have a bberry curve)

it says:  A problem ocurred while trying to render the page

im using opera and i checked all the options you gave and still not working!!!

any help?

:smileysad:

My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8120

I have a Pearl 8120 running 4.5+. Since I've had the BB I've always been able to watch videos from Youtube by linking them to the BB Media Player until one day, for no apparent reason, my BB decided not to link from Youtube any more. The video's there, but, if I click on it, nothing happens.

I'm thinking third-party?? I've also tried triming my 8120 to it's bare minimums to allow for more free memory, but, I can still watch videos I've recorded/uploaded.

Any ideas..........??

My Device: Curve 8330

I am also having the same problem. I have a Curve 8330 and for no reason when I go to youtube and hover over a link nothing happens when I click on the link. I've made sure that embedded content is enabled. I've also tried deleting my service books and resending them. I have also did multiple battery pulls. Still no luck.

I finally remedied the problem by using BOLT browser! I wish I knew what happened though!!! I have several videos that were booked marked thru my BB Browser and now they won't play. I'm getting an error message saying "unsupported file format". WTF! These files worked before...why not now. Help!