Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
simonkarios
My Device: Pearl

Correct USB cable for Pearl...?

Hi all,

A colleague of mine has an old version BB Pearl. I think it is circa 2011 and apologies don't know the exact model number.

My question is that the current usb cables do not fit the old version as it needs a slightly bigger connection.

Not worded this very well but essentially I think he is saying the micro usb is too small.

Does anyone know where I can purchase the correct cable in the UK. I keep reading numerous stories of people buying incorrect replacement cables.

Any help / pointers greatly appreciated.

Simon

Contributor
Pugsley51
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Correct USB cable for Pearl...?

Hi Simon,

I think the connection you want is the one prior to the one you now can't connect...if that makes sense.  You will probably be able to pick up a cable from one of the many independent mobile phone shops that now exist.  Failing that try Maplins as they will probably have a set of connection adaptors which will fit the existing cable with the right one on the other end.

Contributor
Pugsley51

You will probably need to take the phone into the shop for the correct fit.. I'm pretty certain that the connection you need used to fit the old Motorola clam phones, the old V3 models.

New Contributor
simonkarios
My Device: Pearl

Many thanks all!

Contributor
Pugsley51

You're welcome, let us know how you get on.  :smileyhappy: