Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Maco
My Device: Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Telus

DM unable to see BB 8130

Hi All,

I've got this annoying problem, DM won't see the BB!!!

I have Windows 7 Ultimate update-to-date, I've tried DM 5.0.1 and 4.7 both with the same result in seeing nothing connected. So far this is what I've tried:

- Reinstalling DM and rebooting

- Uninstalled the BB from Device Manager in windows , rebooting and letting the device be installed again

The device seems to install OK with no errors

- When the device is plugged in I cannot see it in My Computer BUT I can see the blackberrys SD card when I have that installed which is weird

- I have XP pro at work which does see it and I've tried Windows 7 ultimate partitioned on a Mac which is able to see it as well.

- My USB ports do work, I've tested with a flash drive

Today I backed up the blackberry and wiped it, haven't had a chance to try it yet but I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue or can suggest something I haven't tried?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: DM unable to see BB 8130

[ Edited ]

Hi there!

Here is my experience (Win7x64 Ultimate, DTM 5.0.1)...

Sometimes, Windows Explorer sees two drive letters (one for Device Memory and the other for the SD card). Other times, it sees only one (for the SD Card). I've found nothing yet that allows it to consistently act one way or another. But, it always sees the SD card and the only thing that is impacted is Media Manager...DTM itself functions just fine for all other things.

Now, if that is not what you are experiencing, then you may have something else going on. Since you say that DM never recognizes it (by that, you must mean that the DTM software never shows the PIN as being connected), then here is a list of troubleshooting atricles...hopefully something will be useful:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Tips-for-getting-BlackBerry-Deskt...
KB02640 Troubleshooting USB connections
KB15486 Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips
KB11439 BlackBerry Desktop Software does not detect the BlackBerry smartphone when it is connected
KB00019 No PIN displayed in BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
KB10938 "USB charging current is insufficient" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

Also, check that you are using only root USB ports...no hubs (sometimes the front-side ports are hubs...use a rear USB port). And make sure to try disabling USB power management in your system configuration (Device Manager).

Apologies in advance if this is redundant -- there's no way to be sure if you've already seen and tried these.

Hopefully something there is helpful!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Maco
My Device: Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Telus

Re: DM unable to see BB 8130

Thanks!

That gives me a lot to work with which I will fool around with when I get home.

Cheers.

P.S is anyone else has anything to add...please do.

Please use plain text.