Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
forfriends
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop manager failed to connect to the device error

Hi,

My BB8100 cannot sync or do anything with the desktop manager. I keep getting the error

Failed to connect to the device. Please make sure that the device is properly connected and try again.

I have tried a battery pull countless times, searching these and other forums and I've tried on another computer too with no success. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Philip

Btw I'm running DM 5.0. Sounds like the issue blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/117880-cant-synch-my-pearl-8130-a.html here. Also, I can access the media card fine on the computer. I've heard a wipe will fix this but I'd prefer not to do that as I'd like to connect to backup first!

I've also tried version 4.6, 5.0 and 5.0.1 of DM. Sigh.
As a bonus question, does anyone know what the latest English/East asia version for the 8100 and 8120 is?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Desktop manager failed to connect to the device error

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is the list of troubleshooting atricles...hopefully something will be useful:

Also, check that you are using only root USB ports...no hubs (sometimes the front-side ports are hubs...use a rear USB port). And make sure to try disabling USB power management in your system configuration (Device Manager).

Apologies in advance if this is redundant -- there's no way to be sure if you've already seen and tried these.

As to your bonus question, that is under the control of each carrier -- they release OS's to their users, RIM does not. You can find your carriers OS DL page via this portal:

Hopefully something there is helpful!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.