Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9150

Dust under the screen

I seem to be getting dust under the outer screen cover on my Blackberry Pearl? Is this common and what can be done?

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Dust under the screen

[ Edited ]

Hello Connemara

Welcome to the forums. 

I would suggest you contact your mobile service provider or point of sale for options regarding this. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9150

Thanks for getting back to me. 

The phone was bought brand new on eBay so I can't really contact the seller.

I had the exact same phone before and when in for repair, one of the local shops (the 'best one' ) couldn't put it back together properly . The second shop I triued bringing it to (recommended by Vodafone) cleaned the interior of the screen with some sort of acid by accident, ruining the screen. They simply gave me a €20 voucher to be used in their shop as reimbursement. So, basically I'm not too keen on using local shops. 

I still have the old phone (the phone mentioned in my post above is a replacement) so maybe I can figure out how to take the outer shell apart myself. 

Anyone try this? Any advice on removing and refitting the outshell would be brilliant.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hello,
it isnt the most common thing but quite a number of people have it.
you will have to open up your device completely and wipe the dust off. I remember seeing a similar thread with the correct way to do it.
Check out this thread as it may help you: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/get-rid-dust-under-9900-9930-screen-6893...
Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi