Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Raul2071
My Device: Not Specified

Easy questions, but still need help!

The first question is how do I change a ring tone? I have been able to change the ring tone before, but sometimes the ring tone doesn't even play. Instead of a ring tone playing, I get the phone vibrating. Is there something I must disable for the ring tone to play? Also, is there a way to change text messages alert as well? I also get vibrate on that one.

The 2nd question is about the camera. When I take a photo on the camera, the image comes out distorted. Not the real image, but the preview of it. It seems stretched out. I think that's actually how it's suppose to be, but is there a way to change that?

3rd question: is there a way I can add an e-mail to the address book? To text images to my e-mail mostly. If so, would they charge me for that (am thinking if texting to your e-mail is considered using internet or something like that).

New Contributor
Murray103
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Easy questions, but still need help!

1st question, go to "profiles" it should look like a speaker.  Select which one you want.  If you choose loud it will vibrate for a second and then ring.

2nd question, my camera sucks so I have never even really used it.  As much as I love my phone, the camera is the worst.  Sorry, can't help you there.

3rd question, click on the contact you want to add the additional email to, select menu, edit, then menu again, choose "add email address" and type it in.

I hope this helps.