Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

jotow1307

Email Setup

On the setup wizard, when I go to the email setup, it only gives me the options to set up a business account or skip setup.  How do I set up a personal account?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

Re: Email Setup

Is your phone company issued or is it your own personal phone? Do you have the icon that says "personal email setup"?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
jotow1307

it is a personal phone. I bought it from Walmart, I have Alltel wireless.  There isn't a "personal email setup" icon.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

If you're  missing the icon try going into Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table. Select the bold entry, display the menu, and choose Register Now. That will send any missing service books from the carrier to your phone. Afterwards see if you have the Email Setup icon. I not you can contact your carrier to get them to restore the missing option
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.