Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105

Email issues

Hi there,

I'm wondering if you can help.  I have a BlackBerry Pearl 9300 on O2 Network and my email seems to be having real issues the last few weeks.

In the past if I received an email into my hotmail account  I will receive this onto my phone within a few minutesof it appearing in my inbox but it now appears to be taking anything from 10 - 15 minutes for an email to come through to my phone which is a little frustrating.

I have tried deleting my account from my phone and the associated service books and then reinstall the whole thing but this doesn't seem to make any difference at all.  Do I need to reset something on my phone or is it a service provider issue?

Many thanks for your help as always.

Kerri

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Email issues

This should answer your question. You can thank Microsoft.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35412

The good news is if you switch to a BB10 device the Hotmail/Live/Outlook.com email accounts work the best.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi John,

Thank you for coming back to me on this.

Probably a daft question but will the Pearl accept the BB10 software as when I googled online it just seems to come up with a 7.1 for a BlackBerry Pearl but I did notice there was a BB10 software online?  Is there an easy fix or is it a case of downloading the software on a laptop and then reinstalling everything?

Kerri

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

No, you can't run BB10 on the old BB devices. It's an entirely new platform.

If you continue with Hotmail you are stuck with the 15-20 minute polling on the old BB. One side note, when BIS finds mail it reduces the polling interval to 5 minutes. If it finds new mail again in that 5 minute poll it will poll again in another 5 minutes. If it doesn't find mail then it goes back to the 20 minute polling. This is supposed to allow for some more real time email conversations while not overburdening the system.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi John,

Sorry...

I don't have a choice but to continue with Hotmail.  Is there no other alternatives?

Kerri

Guru I

Nope. You can upgrade to a BB10 device and your email will be faster.