Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Nonniebrat
My Device: blackberry pearl 9100
Accepted Solution

Error message "Insert SIM Card"

I cannot get my phone to work because of the error message.  It is a brand new SIM card and should work.  I have used a similar card a year ago for coverage in Costa Rica and it worked fine.  I have taken the battery and SIM card out many times as well as tried to turn off the wifi but no luck.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Error message "Insert SIM Card"

Please don't double post:

One thread per issue is all that is required. If you need new attention to your thread, post a reply to yourself saying "bump"...that will bump your post to the top of the list for new attention.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Nonniebrat

Sorry but the first one had the wrong info about my phone.  I borrowed it from my daughter for this trip so misunderstood which model i had.  I apologize.  can I delete the original post?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

So, what you have in this thread is 100% accurate? And what you have in that other thread can be totally removed? I've asked the mods to accede to your request, and you therefore can continue to work in this thread.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

So, to now proceed...you have used this exact SIM before, but not this exact BB? As such, it may be that the BB simply is not unlocked, and yours was...which makes using this BB impossible until it's unlocked. Refer:

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Nonniebrat

I have two kinds of sim cards.  My permanent one from home and a temporary one here in Costa Rica.  i bought a Costa Rican one last year and it worked fine.  If my permanent one still worked i would just take the temporary one back to the store but neither sim works I think it's a problem with the phone.  My daughter suggested layering a piece of business over the sim but that didn't work either.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm sorry, but you seem to not have read my prior post (5)...for I too believe it to be the device itself perhaps not being unlocked from it's original carrier. As such, it will be useless on any other carrier. Please review the linked thread regarding unlocking and be sure that this BB is unlocked...until that is verified, nothing else really matters.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Nonniebrat

It is an unlocked phone.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK, then please review this KB and see if anything it recommends is of value:

• KB10824 Insert SIM Card, or Data connection refused

BTW -- have you confirmed that this specific BB is even compatible with the ICE network? For example, if the BB handles a set of frequencies yet the carrier uses different frequencies, then there's nothing that can be done about that as the BB would simply be incompatible with the ICE network. Note that I don't know the answer you need here...you will need to research the frequency capabilities of the BB along with those that ICE uses.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Nonniebrat

It worked last year and their requirements are the same this year.  I will take it up with the SIM card provider.  thanks for your help.