Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Error message "Insert SIM Card"

Huh? Now I'm confused...earlier you said you borrowed this BB from your daughter for this trip...which naturally led me to believe that you'd not used this exact BB on ICE before. Now you say it worked last year. So I am a bit confused as to the specifics of your situation. But no matter...my confusion is not relevant.

In any event, the SIM card provider is indeed an excellent place to seek more help. Not all SIMs are perfectly compatible with all BBs. And they may have a tech who can, with their hands on the device, figure this out.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nonniebrat
My Device: blackberry pearl 9100
My Carrier: ICE (Costa Rica) usually Rogers

Just wanted to let you know that I have my daughter's blackberry up and running.  This is the second year I borrowed her outdated phone to use in Costa Rica.  Last year I went to an ICE outlet and it worked fine.  This year I went to a convenience store and you know the results.  I took it back yesterday and guess what - they had it in sideways.  I was very happy.  I still have trouble typing on it (don't think I have Blackberry fingers).

Thanks again for your help.  I really thought it was a problem in the phone.  We seniors need lots of help (just ask my daughter).

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh! Now I understand better! Thanks.

Strange though...inserting the SIM sideways should be, well, impossible. But no matter...the key is that it's now working for you.

You are very welcome...and good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tyrone2034
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Unlocked

Hello I need some help with my blackberry 9800
I got the phone off my mate and he was using it before me and it worked perfectly with him then he reset the phone, he gave me the phone so I can use for work so I brought a new sim card and it keeps saying insert sim card and has a red SOS were the signal goes I have reset it myself an still no diference I have tried a 02 sim card an still no difference and a tmobile sim card an yet still no difference
So please get back in touch with me asap.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Tyrone2034 wrote:
Hello I need some help with my blackberry 9800
I got the phone off my mate and he was using it before me and it worked perfectly with him then he reset the phone, he gave me the phone so I can use for work so I brought a new sim card and it keeps saying insert sim card and has a red SOS were the signal goes I have reset it myself an still no diference I have tried a 02 sim card an still no difference and a tmobile sim card an yet still no difference
So please get back in touch with me asap.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you are attempting to use this device on a different carrier from your mate, and that carrier is the original carrier for the device, then it's likely that the device was never unlocked from it's original carrier. Refer:

Further, hopefully your mate carried out all that is in this KB:

• Article ID: KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

It is also possible that the carrier you are attempting to use it on uses radio technologies that the device does not support...you need to talk to the carrier to find out if their network supports your specific BB device.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tyrone2034
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Unlocked

It's says disabled on everything meaning it's unlocked but still I'm getting no look
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No "look"? Hmmm...maybe that's "luck"...

In any event, that's only a portion of the things I gave you above. Please check the rest.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.