Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
mel_fox
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220

Facebook problem

For the last several days, I've had problems with both the Facebook app and website - everything else is fine.

With the Facebook website - both www. and m. - I just get the "A problem occurred while trying to render the page" pop-up and nothing happens, and with the app, it's either "We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later (100)" or "Facebook does not appear to be able to process your request at this time. Please try again later (1404)".

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and now can't even log in! I have a data plan, email is working fine and I've done the battery pull / resend Service Books stuff.

Haven't managed to get through to Vodafone yet - whenever I think of it I'm at work or busy! - can anyone help?

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Facebook problem

Hello Mel,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing when attempting to login to your Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones application.

What happens when you attempt to do so while connected to Wi-Fi? Are you able to login through your BlackBerry browser by going to m.facebook.com?

Thank you,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mel_fox

Same as above - but I've just discovered that I get the same error message when I try to get on to a couple of other sites - all .com. I can't access ebay.com but .de and .fr are fine; can't get on to Google or googlemail, but my  work email, which runs through Google, is fine!

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi Mel,

Do you know if you are currently active on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server through your workplace? If so, it may explain why this is occuring as certain restrictions may be in place.

Thanks,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mel_fox

Not that I know of - I just link through the standard email setup. Everything was fine until about a week ago - nothing happened, it just stopped working. I have heard that there was a problem with the Blackberry Facebook App so thought it was that, but it seems to be more complex.

Regular Contributor
Eric_lewis
My Device: non- blackberry user

I think there's something wrong with the FB servers. I can't post, comment, like anything, news feed doesn't re-load. I get constant server errors, sometimes get logged out for no reason.

Eric Lewis