Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

mobb8100
My Device: Not Specified

Few ?'s from new BB owner

Is it ok to update the OS on my BB or should it stay at what my service provider (T-Mobile) has available to download? Currently it is 4.2.1.107.

I have noticed in the users guide it refers to selcting general options to change some things, for example turn trackball lights off. It says to press menu, click options, and then click general options. When i go into options there is no general options available to select. Is there a problem with my BB if so how do i correct it?

All responses are appreciated.

Steven.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Few ?'s from new BB owner

There are some changes from 4.2 to 4.5 OS version. But these changes are not massive that users won't be able to cope with it. If you do face such difficulties then do let us know.Just be assured that there is no problem with your BB.

Its better to wait untill your carrier accepts new OS. However you can download and install other operators OS in to your BB. Users reports that this changes do work.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.