Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Found New hardware Access Denied + Usb Problems

I have a new Blackberry 8130. It has device software 3.5. I have desktop software 4.3. I formerly had the recent update of 4.7 but it didn't work either for this issue. Im working with a laptop on windows xp. I have used this cord on my mother's computer (which has vista) and it synced just fine. So I know my blackberry and cord are fine. I have done the entire usb driver updates and disabled the power management options troubleshooting. (uninstalling and restarting the computer).

Whenever I connect my Blackberry it connects and begins fine. Yet when it attempts to install the new drivers for the new hardware (Blackberry), it attempts to begin download, yet after a split second it says "An error occured during installation of the device. Access is Denied."

I've tried installing the Desktop manager from the cd and updating to newer versions from online. I didn't know if it is the security of my browser or computer or whatever.

Does anyone have any ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Found New hardware Access Denied + Usb Problems

I Actually have device software 4.5.0.89, not 3.5 thanks!