Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
phonesrcomplicated
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

GPS hacking and stalking

Ok. first of all, I am an educated person, but not in phones. Secondly, I have had 4 situations, where I wanted my wherabouts NOT known (as most of the time I really don't care). Thirdly, I was told to pull my battery...by an anonymous phone call...

What..or HOW can someone track me on my BB Bold 9900?  I am certain it must be illegal...as I have my GPS OFF!

It is getting a bit creepy...but I need to get some concrete evidence to submit to police..otherwise it is hard to prove..

Any help would be appreciated.

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: GPS hacking and stalking

Knowing your location or whereabouts is dependent on whether you want people to know. There are apps like facebook, twitter, foursquare or many other social media apps that uses your GPS or Cell tower location to triangulate your positions. All of there requires your permission to share. You need to be certain of that. There is no options in the device to let others know your location or position.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
phonesrcomplicated
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

Re: GPS hacking and stalking

I have to disagree. Only because I shut my location OFF on my phone...I then searched myself and found myself to the nearest cell tower.
I don't think that these weirdos would have the audacity to go into my garage and put something on my car.
They even knew that I was pulled over by a highway patrol...250 miles from where they live....
I have heard from other people at Office Max etc...that it is easy to hack...but illegal. The people that are doing it really don't care if it is something illegal or not..trust me...
I just want to know if it is on my phone..
Also, the backlight on my phone will just randomly light up and off...just on its own...