Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Mirjani
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: Student

GPS seem does not function properly on pearl 9105 after installed to os6 (official)

It seems the Blackberry official have release the OS6. just installed it on my Pearl 9105 from blackberry.com! But GPS seem does not function properly.

So anyone tried the new OS6? or i might installed it wrong?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: GPS seem does not function properly on pearl 9105 after installed to os6 (official)

[ Edited ]

To test your phone's GPS, go to Options>Status.  Once on that screen, type in "test" without quotations.  There will be no field in which to enter this and you'll see nothing appear on the screen as you type it, but just type it.  This will open up the test page where you can test all aspects of your phone.  Just scroll down to GPS, check the box beside it and run the test by following the instructions on your screen.

Let us know what you find out from it.  :smileyhappy:

EDIT:  I just noticed that you're using OS 6.  My instructions were for OS 5.  On your phone, you'll want to go to Options>Device>Device and Status Information and type "test" on that screen.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
shafy
My Device: Not Specified

Re: GPS seem does not function properly on pearl 9105 after installed to os6 (official)

Me too. My gps doesn't work properly. Buat it's quite accurate
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mirjani
My Carrier: Student

Thank for your instruction but when I go outdoor and start fixing, after a few minutes it appears: "GPS info:  Timed out while waiting for GPS Location". So I tried to refresh location and failed.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

it works on my 9100. Did you solve your issue?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
foolmentaljoker
My Carrier: Orange UK

Went to screen and performed the GPS test, but immediately got the failure message that the GPS fixing had timed out. GPS worked fine before I upgraded to OS6 this morning.

Please use plain text.
foolmentaljoker
My Carrier: Orange UK

Update - fix worked fine... after I remembered to make sure GPS was turned on in the options menu. D'oh!

Many thanks - though it would be nice to be able to turn GPS on and off from within the maps app itself, the way it used to be.

Please use plain text.