Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
chrism46
My Device: Not Specified

Getting back to factory settings...

Hello All,

My Daughter bought a Perl recently and used it for a while. She also has a blackberry from work. She syncs with USB and recently synced her personal blackberry using her office computer. The office server automatically download all their security stuff, synced her up for work and disabled her actual work blackberry. When she asked them to fix her work blackberry they did but told her they can't touch her personal blackberry.

Long story short, it became a paperweight. She's since bought a curve for personal use. She gave me the pearl and I'm trying to find out how I can rest it to it's factory settings so I can use it as my personal blackberry. Both she and I have a Verizon wireless service plan.

Any ideas how it can be reset to factory settings or how I should proceed on this?

Thanks, hope someone can help.

Chris

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Getting back to factory settings...

I have a curve but that shouldn't matter. Try this. Click on options and then click security options. Then select general settings. Then click the menu key and select wipe handheld. This will restore the phone to factory settings. Hope this helps.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrism46
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Getting back to factory settings...

Thanks Lorrie,

I'll try that and let you know.

Chris

Please use plain text.