Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
rigle69
My Device: Pearl 9105

[HELP] Remove Gmail Contact List from Blackberry Pearl 9105

Hi,

I use Blackberry Pearl 9105 3G (with classic keypad / candybar) and i got a problem.

When i do email setting, i accidentally approve the sync between my email and my Blackberry contact and calendar (which is always show when we put new email account in Blackberry). Now in my contacts always show this;

photo

There's a box above the contact name&number:

Synchronize Using :

xxxxx@gmail.com

And if you go to Contacts > Menu > Options

it will appear like this

photo

The contact list should be default there, but now it changes with two emails like that. I need help to remove my emails in my contact lists in Blackberry Pearl

It's really annoying because it multiplies the contacts number.

There's an official solution from Blackberry here > Article ID : KB21118

It says;

How to remove a Gmail contact list from the BlackBerry smartphone

Note: Gmail is known as Google Mail™ in some countries.

Note: Back up the BlackBerry smartphone. For assistance creating a backup file, see KB12487.

1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Advanced Options > Service Books.
  2. Highlight the <username>@gmail.com [SYNC] service book. Press the Menu key and choose Delete.
  3. Open Contacts on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  4. Press the Menu key and click Options.
  5. Type RSET in the Contacts options (this can be typed anywhere in the Contacts Options screen).
    Note: For the BlackBerry® Storm™ smartphone and BlackBerry® Storm2™ smartphone, press the Menu key to Show Keyboard.
  6. The following prompt appears:

7. Click Yes.

But i can't find how to type RSET for Blackberry Pearl 9105 which non-qwerty. :smileysad:

From other forum (http://forums.crackberry.com/business-users-f49/duplicate-entries-83247/), i found that Blackberry Pearl 8110 use 11??12 or ER ER AS AS TY TY (i forget)

"I performed this on my Pearl 8110 after a couple of tries. You have to use multi-tap, so hit '11??12' (this equals 'rset' in multitap). "

The function of RSET is : Go to Contacts -> Options and type Alt+ RSET ; this is to reset the contact sync.

Anyone can help me? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Rie

..:: Try Try Try ::..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rigle69
My Device: Pearl 9105

Re: [HELP] Remove Gmail Contact List from Blackberry Pearl 9105

Anyone can help me?

Please check the Official Blackberry Technical Solution Center 

KB21118

They didn't post how to do it in Blackberry Pearl. :manmad:

..:: Try Try Try ::..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fer9us
My Device: Bold 9900 OS7.1.0.523, Platform 5.1.0.393

Hi rigle,

Would like to know if you've found a solution. This is a major problem for me too.

I recently resolved it by copying all of my contacts to Outlook, then exported them as a .csv file, uploaded to Gmail, merged duplicates, wiped phone contacts and then exported and reloaded the Gmail contacts. It all worked fine for a while, but one day the syncing stopped working. NOt sure why.

When I went back to the internet email account setup page to re-sync it, in created duplicate contact lists for the same email address >.<

REALLY ANNOYING!

Can't be bothered wasting more time on this stupid glitch. Why doesn't RIM get their **bleep** together and make a system that WORKS PROPERLY. 

jeez

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stimpyaw
My Device: Z30 (10.2.1.3247 (v10.2.1.2977))

Thanks for the info on how to remove 'gmail.com' contact list.

This should be a lot easier to do. Or better yet when u remove the sync it should remove the contacts. Also, Google or even RIM should block adding a 'gmail.com' account because u have access thru Google Mobile apps or the website.

Sorry, I can't help u with your other issue I have a Torch 9810.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Note: Gmail is known as Google Mail™ in some countries.
Note: Back up the BlackBerry smartphone. For assistance creating a backup file, see KB12487.
From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Advanced Options > Service Books.
Highlight the <username>@gmail.com [SYNC] service book. Press the Menu key and choose Delete.
Open Contacts on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Press the Menu key and click Options.
Type RSET in the Contacts options (this can be typed anywhere in the Contacts Options screen).
Note: For the BlackBerry® Storm™ smartphone and BlackBerry® Storm2™ smartphone, press the Menu key to Show Keyboard.
The following prompt appears:
Click Yes."

~~
AWilson
Please use plain text.
navya2392
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Thank you! :smileyhappy: It helped :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashishdewan1010
My Device: Curve 9300

I am also facing this issue....using blackberyy curve..

How did you resolve it??

Please use plain text.