Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

WestWolf_BC
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

How do I decrypt encrypted .rem files under OS6?

Good day, all.

I have recently upgraded my Pearl 3G 9100 from OS5 to OS6, and now I can't seem to decrypt my encrypted files for use on my computer. Under OS5, if I plugged the phone into the computer and engaged media transport mode, all the files that I copied onto the phone would be automatically encrypted and all the files that I copied off the phone would be automatically decrypted. I would also be given the option to have video files converted into a form the phone could play, Under OS6, when I connect the phone to the computer I get two options for data transfer, USB Drive and Media Sync, but neither of these modes seems to automatically decrypt files that I copy from my phone to my computer. All of the files that I have tried to copy off my phone under either mode are unviewable on the computer. Is there something I'm missing? If I can't find a way to accomplish the same automatic en/decryption and media conversion that was possible under OS5's media transport mode, under OS6 then I will have to downgrade back to OS5 again.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS

Re: How do I decrypt encrypted .rem files under OS6?

Hi WestWolf_BC,

Are you currently using Desktop Software 6.0? These articles should provide more information on encrypted media files as well as a possible workaround for you.

http://bbry.lv/ruKOo8

http://bbry.lv/pdFBiZ

Hope this helps,

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.