Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

mitch1187
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to Restart Blackberry Programatically.

i have an issue with my blackberry 8330 and i cant do anything on it and i was wondering how to do a system reset when cant make anything work on my phone

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

mitch1187 wrote:

i have an issue with my blackberry 8330 and i cant do anything on it and i was wondering how to do a system reset when cant make anything work on my phone

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Well, there are few different things that you could mean by "system reset"...here are a few choices:

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

From a PC, you can install any OS package to a BB via this procedure:

• http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-Syste...

• Note that while written for "reload", it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. You can even use a different carriers OS package by simply inserting, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML. Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

• Good luck and let us know!

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
    If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
    Join our BBM Channels
    BSCF General Channel
    PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
    Knowledge Base Updates
    PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
    jackhammer
    My Device: Curve 9300

On the Blackberry App store click on the menu buton and click reboot :smileyhappy:

samer_57
    My Device: Torch

quickpull works perfectly, but i still dont get why isnt it a standard function on the phone, why do you need to install an app to do such a basic operations?
    Guru I
    Xandrex
    My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
    My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

@samer_57 the soft reboot can be achieved on all BlackBerry QWERTY devices without any third party applications.

Exceptions are Pearl & Storm series.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
    Contributor
    abgrxenda
    My Device: Pearl Flip 8220

you can download RestartMe a free app to simulate the battery pull,

http://go.mobihand.com?op=dlmh&pd=37243&l=&ps=150

kpj
    New Contributor
    kpj
    My Device: BB Curve 9300

Pulling the battery to restart ur device seems such a pain. Easier way to restart ur BB is to press ALT key and right SHIFT key and DEL/Backspace key at the same time. Keep pressing all the three keys till screen goes off.