Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Motoh3d40
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: How to listen to music on bluetooth headsets

I am considering purchasing a Scala Rider G4 and am concerned about your issue.  I have a Bold 9000.   I want to be able to listen to music via bluetooth to the headset and make a phone call if needed.  I spoke to Cardo Customer Service and they said a wired connection into the AUX jack to a iPod would was compatible with phone's headset.  But I didn't want any wires and a second media device to hastle with.

Do you have a solution to your problem?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kaladin
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: Orange

Hi, I have the Q2 which is the older version, my Blackberry is fine routing phone calls to the headset by bluetooth but I still don't have a solution to get the music to the headset by bluetooth, the headset came with a cable and I have tried that which works fine but defeats the object of having both voice and music (and voice navigation) all running on the bluetooth.

I know the headset can do it by bluetooth because it worked fine with my Nokia 6700 classic previously, it seems to be a problem or setting issue for the Blackberry.

A friend of mine had another Blackberry (with a full querty keyboard) about 6 months ago, he has a Q2 also and also couldn't get it to work with the music by bluetooth. I also previously ran a Scala Rider FM (an even older version) and that worked fine with the Nokia too.

I'm stumped, no one can offer a solution, the headset is capable and by the specifications the Blackberry's should be capable too but just don't seem to recognise the headset as one they can stream bluetooth music to, even though they can do it with voice calls, I'm sure it must be a setting but don't know what to try, let me know if you find a solution.

For the GPS voice navigation, Blackberry Maps doesn't have voice guidance, Google maps doesn't offer voice guidance for Blackberrys but Orange offer a mapping service with voice navigation which is free on £30/month plans but £5/month on cheaper plans. I don't really want to pay for this unless the Blackberry can stream it to the Q2 headset by bluetooth though!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kaladin
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: Orange

I think I'm getting somewhere now.

The Services Handsfree (HFP) and Headset (HSP) refer to whether the headset will just be able to deal with calls (HSP) or can also deal with more functionality (HFP) like last number recall and voice dialling from the bluetooth headset. It seems it is common to have both services going.

Having read up a bit more it would appear that the service which allows stereo music to be streamed by bluetooth is A2DP which is different than HFP/HSP.

The 9105 is definately A2DP capable. Having checked the headset I was using the Scala Rider Q2 does not appear to support A2DP but the newer version Scala Rider Q2 Pro does!

How this explains the Nokia 6700 Classic (also A2DP capable) being able to stream the music is beyond me unless it sent it mono to the headset by bluetooth and the headset just played mono in both ears?

Has anyone tried the Blackberry 9105 with a A2DP headset?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Motoh3d40
My Device: Bold 9000

Kaladin: Thank you for your response.  I telephoned Customer Service with Cardo Scala Rider.  I asked about my Bold 9000 and they said some Blackbery users had your experience.  I wonder if maybe if this is a problem with all Blackberrys? If Cardo thought it was a RIM issue, perhaps they are hedging by not saying none of the Blackberry devices are compatible?  Maybe they don't want to say something negative about RIM?

I asked Cardo about wiring an iPod for music and bluetooth my Blackberry phone and they said that configuration should work as intended for the Scala Rider device.  Cardo also said they were having no problems with iPhones.  I don't want to buy an iPhone and I didn't want to hastle with a wire and another device.  I wouild be willing to purchase another bluetooth headset but I am not aware of one that has the functionality and one recommended as highly as Cardo.  Oh well.

I also am not interested in paying for voice GPS.  I will pull over and look at the Google map before doing so.

Thanks again.

:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
esvirti
My Device: bold
My Carrier: asdfads

I have a Cardo Scala Rider and now I can listen music with my blackberry bold 9700. It's easy.

It's necessary install the "Mobiola xPlayer". This software permit send sound through blackberry.

Please use plain text.
esvirti
My Device: bold
My Carrier: asdfads

This software is free.

Please use plain text.