Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Visitor
teejax
My Device: Torch 9800

How to move my BB browser bookmarks to Firefox

How do I move my bookmarks from my BlackBerry browser to my PC browser - firefox, chrome?
My bookmarks are already arranged in folder on my BlackBerry browser.
Is there a technique, tool or app for this?
I use BB Torch 9800.
Thanks
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: How to move my BB browser bookmarks to Firefox

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I don't know of anything that will directly do what you ask, but perhaps this will work. The browser bookmarks are one of the BB databases:

• KB03974 List of all databases on the BlackBerry smartphone

If you were to back up your BB to a PC:

• KB23680 Backup BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.0

The resulting IPD file would contain the bookmarks database. However, the IPD file is proprietary and not easily readable by anything but the RIM Desktop Software. There are some 3rd party tools out there, but I have no experience with any, so can't recommend one over another...I recommend you search for "IPD Reader" using Google (or your favorite search engine) and choose one that meets your needs. Once you have the Bookmarks database extracted and usable, you can then format it however is necessary to use in in your PC browser. For that necessary format, you'd have to ask that question of the places that support those browsers.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code