Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Facing Problem While Email Activation Set Up Wizard.

yashaarali wrote:

Thanks For Replying.....but still the problem has not been solved......i am supposed to receive a registeration message but no message has been displayed....i have tried several times but yet the same result....please advice in  such situation what should I do....

In that case, you need to do as I recommended at the end of my post above:

• If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

If, as in your case, Step 1 fails, then Steps 2 and 3 are useless. The success of Step 1 is required before proceeding to Step2, likewise from 2 to 3. The failure of either Steps 1 or 2 results in the prescription to contact your mobile service provider.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pkgt
My Device: Blackberry 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: How to register a blackberry with the appropriate service provider ?

Hey,
I just got a used second hand blackberry bold.. I want to register it on my own subscriber.. Can you please tell me how to do it? And I also did Register Now from Host Routing Table under Advance setting option while reading from your forum.. But it says that your device has been queued and you will receive an email shortly.. But I haven't given any email before.. When I switched on my phone using my sim card.. It just took me through setup wizard.. Can you tell me the exact detail for re-registeration??
Thanks in advance..
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to register a blackberry with the appropriate service provider ?

Pkgt wrote:
Hey,
I just got a used second hand blackberry bold.. I want to register it on my own subscriber.. Can you please tell me how to do it? And I also did Register Now from Host Routing Table under Advance setting option while reading from your forum.. But it says that your device has been queued and you will receive an email shortly.. But I haven't given any email before.. When I switched on my phone using my sim card.. It just took me through setup wizard.. Can you tell me the exact detail for re-registeration??
Thanks in advance..

Hello,

The steps above remain correct...except there are a few contingencies given your situation:

1. For all services, the radio frequencies your device uses must be compatible with your chosen carrier. You would have to ask them that question.
  2. For data services, your device must specifically be supported by your chosen carrier -- if your carrier does not support your specific model BB for automatic HRT and Service Book delivery, then you won't be able to use it for those purposes. You would likewise have to ask your carrier this question as well.
  3. Your device must be MEP unlocked if your chosen carrier is not the one for which your device was originally manufactured (as noted by VendorID).
  4. You must ensure that ALL steps in this procedure have been carried out:
    • Article ID: KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone
    • If you cannot perform the Seller steps, then you must contact the Seller to do so...those MUST be done

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.