Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
Paranoid1
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to set Ringtone for messages

Ok I looked everywere in the phone to be able to set a ringer for my MMS,Text and my email thru blackberry.net and I cant  seem to find a way to do it.I need to be notified when an incoming email has been recieved,anyone have any clues?

My carrier is Verizon just in case that matters.

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: How to set Ringtone for messages

Should be able to if you go into your Profiles icon on the home screen. In the menu that appears scroll down to Advanced. Click on the 'Active' profile. From here you can click on the Messages category to change the Out of Holster/In Holster Settings to control how the device will function for incoming emails. You can also edit the SMS category to change the incoming text message response.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
yelly201

i'm having the same problem as the original poster (and i have verizon too).

there is no "message" option in the menu for the advanced profile. anyone else have hints? 

Contributor
Paranoid1

[ Edited ]

Well that solution worked allowed me to set it,this is how I found it for all other Verizon users.

scroll to Profiles which is going to be the speaker icon and depress the track ball to select,scroll down and choose advanced in the profiles go down to Important calls and depress the menu button the botton on the right of the track ball with all the dots choose new Profile and edit all the settings you choose and then name it and save.

OH by the way make sure you select that profile when your done edititing it or else it will be the normal one.

Message Edited by Paranoid1 on 08-26-2008 08:56 AM