Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: Not Specified

I can't load the blackberry software on my mac

I put the "blackberry user tools" disc that came with my blackberry pearl for verizon into my mac and not much happens. A small box pops up with the icon for blackberry and when I open that, a larger box pops up with nothing in it. When I plug in my pearl through the usb cable, it recognizes that its plugged in- the small plug next to the battery shows up but my mac doesn't change at all, like it doesn't know my phone is plugged in. I've loaded the software on my old PC and it worked for a little while and then started having problems but I'm not sure if the problem is with my phone or computer but I can't get anything to work on the mac yet. Please help if you can.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: I can't load the blackberry software on my mac

BlackBerry Desktop Manager does not work on a Mac. You need to download PocketMac instead.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8120 Pearl

Re: I can't load the blackberry software on my mac

The link for PocketMac is: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

However do be aware that you may encounter a "Skipping" error. I have an 8120 Pearl and downloaded PocketMac. Initially it would not work due to mentioned error.

Should this occur follow this advice I received  from Blackberry Technical Help:

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. I am following up with service request number RQST00005084873. I would like you to go and remove some files from your Mac that may be causing this issue. I would like you to remove 2 files from your extensions folder. This is located by going to HD > System > Library > Extensions. Once you are in the Extensions folder I would like you to delete BlackberryUSB.kext and BlackberryUSBDev.kext and then clean out the trash can. 

I can't remember if I downloaded the driver again, but I can say after following the advice it works perfectly.

Hope this is of help.

Richard001