Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
lorrc07
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I can't receive text msgs from Iphone users-what gives?

Hi,

no, unfortunately, the problem never got fixed.  My carrier says that everything is connected right and that there is no reason why I shouldn't get text msgs from Iphone users.  However, I still can't get them.  I ended up buying an Iphone recently to solve the problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lorrc07
My Device: Not Specified

No, never got solved.  I ended up buying an iphone.

Please use plain text.
mperry538211
My Device: z10
My Carrier: fido

i experienced the same problem  -- i went from an iphone back to blackberry  -- just spent about an hour on phone trying to resolve.  Apple takes over and assigns your telephone number to imessage facetime etc  -- you need to call them 18002633394  and have them revoke the certificate  -- Then the people that have been trying to converse with you need to delete conversation.  Should be fine then

Please use plain text.
ukseller
My Device: z30
My Carrier: o2

I have just switched from iPhone yo a z30 and had the same problem. I fixed it by getting o2 to change my tariff from iPhone to blackberry at no cost. This fixed it as the iPhone tarrif spots other iPhone tariffs and sends texts as imessages not sms, so yours can be read by the recipient but not received from an iphone.
Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
joygrammy
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: sprint

I know this thread is old - but had same problem and it appears to be a Blackberry only problem.  I receive texts from Blackberry user, but they do not receive mine (iPhone). On my iPhone, went to Settings, Messages and turned on SEND AS SMS (when Imessage is not available).   Cleared up the problem.  So it cannot be fixed on the Blackberry.  So if you are a Blackberry user and communicate with iPhone users via text, Text them a msg with this fix.

Please use plain text.