Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Lostris
My Device: 8100
My Carrier: Vodafone

Icons on Home Screen (Desk Top)

I've read a few threads on changing the Icons on the start-up screen, by altering the order that the application appear, and moving them so they are the first appliactions to on the applications screen.

But I have Icons that are present on Home screen (desktop)  that don't appear as an application on the application screen?!?

Here is my delema: My current theme (VODAFONE WHITE) has the front page menu order of:

Voice Mail

Call Log

Email

Text/Media Messages

Calander

But I want to change the theme... except "Voice Mail" isn't an application and therefore its not a movable application to make it appear on the front screen.

I would dearly love a new theme (vodafone white is lame!) but it offers exactly the menu I want..

How do I create "Voice Mail" to be an application so that I can move it to one of the first 5 positions and make it appear on the home screen???????

Any help would be appreciated

(PS. I am aware that I could program the voice mail number into a speed dial key.... and thats what I'll do if there is no solution to the above)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lostris
My Device: 8100
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Icons on Home Screen (Desk Top)

Forgot to add: its a 8100 pearl.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
pirespep
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: TMN

Re: Icons on Home Screen (Desk Top)

Splendid. I'm a new user that can't help you.

I'm looquing for help to change posItion of icons on the main screen.

Pls. can you help me?

Thank you in advice.
Please use plain text.