Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
JoeFo
My Device: Not Specified

Invalid SIM card.

Hello!

I've recently moved from the UK to New Zealand because my mum is over here for work. She gave me her old blackberry 8100 buisnesss phone so I had a phone to use over here. The blackberry is for use with Vodafone (due to the fact it has Vodafone written on it!).

I recently bought a NZ Vodafone SIM card and tried it out today. It does not work and I recieve a error saying "Invalid SIM Card". 

Does anyone think that my mum's company could have locked the phone to a specific SIM card? Is there any way of me checking if this is the case? Or perhaps the Blackberry its self is region locked? Is there any way to check this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out

Regards,

Joe

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Re: Invalid SIM card.

Hi JoeFo,

Check if the Handset is network locked to the UK Vodpahone network:

Options - Advanced Options - SIM Card

Press the keys: mepd

All the additional fields should say Disbaled. Anything else means it is network locked!

Contact UK Vodaphone and you'll need to get the HH unlocked.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JoeFo

Thanks for your responce, I recieved the following information when following your instructions:

SIM: Disabled

Network: Active

Network Subset: Disabled

Service Provider: Disabled

Corporate: Disabled

I'll take it that the fact the Network status is active I'll have to give Vodafone a call. Thanks a lot for your help, I've been searching for hours trying to fix this problem, and I've been thinking my mums company had locked it on thier IT Policy. I'll post again if I can't fix the problem by calling Vodafone.

Regards,

Joe

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gsmwong

Hi,

you just need to network unlock your phone. You can purchase unlock code at FastGSM BlackBerry Unlock. Use MEP method for unlocking - it will give you 100% correct unlock code.

gsmwong

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
awedzgn
My Device: Pearl 3G
My Carrier: At & t

[ Edited ]

Invalid sim card, appear when you use your locked blackberry with a different sim card .

To solve this problem you can contact your career asking for unlock code or you can get it

from a trusted unlocking website like [removed unauthorized link]

Please use plain text.
snotmyname

hi. i hav the exact same problem. cud u possibly talk me through calling vodafone nd stuff nd what u hav 2 do?

Please use plain text.
evey_mariano
My Device: blackberry curve 8900
My Carrier: smart

My husband bought the unlock code to the fastgsm but it is still invalid sim(blackberry@curve 8900? what do you think why it is still invalid sim?

Please use plain text.
rrraaasssuuulll
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: mtn irancell

hi

i have same problem with my blackberry 9500. i used your advice and it says all option is Disabled. so what should i do to correct it?

Please use plain text.