Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Regular Contributor
GFApryl
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to play audio through a BlueTooth device?

I know there is! When I first loaded several radio devices, they played through the Bluetooth. Then, after a few uses, it doesn't happen any more. After many attempts, I was able to load a third  radio program, and again, it played right in my ear through the Bluetooth. Then, Poof! it's gone again.

Is this a problem of the Blackberry, the Bluetooth, or the radio application?

Because I've had so many problems with my phone, I am curious if it's some application that I need to install/re-install  on my phone.

It just makes sense to play my music in my ear, where I alone have to hear it, rather than through the speakers where others may be bothered.

Help!

Pax,

Apryl

aprylnp@tmo.blackberry.net

Pax,

GFApryl
Detroit
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
zwood
My Device: BB 8220 & BB 8900

Re: Is there a way to play audio through a BlueTooth device?

If you had the Bluetooth working with a particular app and now it uses the phone speaker instead try to activate the headset. While in your media app click the menu button and look for something like "enable Bluetooth". Some apps will only let you use stereo Bluetooth devices and not mono as in a standard hands free Bluetooth headset.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
GFApryl

Exactly..... that's what I had. Now, there is no prompt for, 'Play through Bluetooth', or some similar item.

When I first used audio, I didn't even THINK of using the bluetooth. It just came on! Yeah. I didn't ask for it, but enjoyed it. I did not turn it off, down, or anything of the sort.

Please keep in mind, I've gone through four different phones from March 20 to May 2! I loaded the apps on phone 1, and voila! Sound through Bluetooth. Phone 2 never gave the option. Phone 3 (an 8120) worked at first. Now, phone 4 worked, but no longer. In fact, the menu on one of my apps (Pandora) even seems shorter now than when I first used this on this phone - I'm sure it wasn't different on any of the other phones, since I couldn't get Pandora to work before (A big part of why the phones were being returned)

Could it be because of a new OS? Is there something on the Desktop Manager I could use to help me out?

Pax,

GFApryl
Detroit
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
zwood
My Device: BB 8220 & BB 8900

Try going into the bluetooth options and delete the bluetooth headset do a battery pull and then pair it .
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
GFApryl

I got an answer from the support team at Pandora:

By default, Bluetooth is disabled in the Pandora app. Here is how to
enable Bluetooth support:

* From the "Station List" screen press the "BlackBerry" key on you phone.
* Select "Options" from the menu that comes up.
* Set Bluetooth to "Enabled".

Once enabled, Pandora will attempt to use any connected Bluetooth
device, preferably an A2DP device.

If you add or remove a Bluetooth headset while music is playing in
Pandora, you may need to pause/play the song for the correct audio
routing to kick in (or wait for the next song to start).

I followed these instructions, and VOILA! I have people singing into my ear.

Pax,

GFApryl
Detroit
Please use plain text.