Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

anix
My Device: Not Specified

JVM ERROR 545

Hi i recently bought the backberry pearl 8100 from ebay and everything was fine at 1st, however now evertime i satrt it up i get the JVM Error and i cant get past it so i cant use the phone, i installed the desktop manager on my pc so i could reset the phone but it asks fo a security code and i dont know what it is, is there a default code or some other way to reset the phone to factory default??? thanks
Please use plain text.
anix
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JVM ERROR 545

is there no one who can offer any help with this, or provide me with a contact number for blackberry as i am extremley dissapointed with this problem and the fact that it is proving so hard to get fixed.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is the information on your message:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10406&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Here is the procedure to resolve:

Step #1

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.

Step#2

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Double-click Backup and Restore.
  4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
  5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.

Step#4

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
  3. Click Next to start the installation process.
  4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
  5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
  6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
  9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
  10. Click Next > Finish.
  11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks   

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
fseguin
My Device: 8220 Pearl Flip

My computer is seeing the Blackberry but when I launch the Desktop Software, it can't connect to it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pablogp
My Device: BOLD 9700

I have the exact same problem, it can see my phone but it will not let me back - up data, does anybody know the solution to this problem?

thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
yasiradnan
My Device: 9700 bald

hi plzz help me i have read what you say about back up , but i cant connect my black berry to my pc .

i have up date my blackberry desktop software but i still cant connect my bb to the computer . and also i removed the battery from m bb to connect but i cont .

so plzz can u help me with that

Please use plain text.
seofreiburg
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

[ Edited ]

pablogp wrote:

I have the exact same problem, it can see my phone but it will not let me back - up data, does anybody know the solution to this problem?

hhhthanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nitin2615
My Device: 8100pearl

Hey Guys , Sorry to say but all of you need to aware about the most important thing that your handset software is totally Corrupt & now you can't backup your handset, only whoever is able to connect to the desktop manager & also have internet, can update or upgrade their handset software online . This is the only solution we have till date.

Plz send it for repairing if it is under warranty !

Plz don't wait for any more solutions & just follow whether I said.

Please use plain text.
purexpker
My Device: ?

hello guys,

you need a new software to fix the jvm error 545:smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

http://nl.blackberry.com/update/  link:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
CGEDUO
My Device: Bold 9780

This solution did not help because the Desktop Software could not connect to the Blackberry because it was initializing (that's all it does upto the error message).

Please use plain text.