Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Jum Error 102

Hi Guys,

I get Jum error 102 on my new blackberry which was activated yesterday with my company BES.Enterprise activation was successful and everything went well, later I could see send option,I could only same as composed messages. Later I receive Jum Error 102.

Could some one help to fix this.

Thanks,

Praneeth

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Jum Error 102

You need to reinstall your device OS to regain access to your device.

Check steps below for OS upgrade -

Step #1

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.

Step#2

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Double-click Backup and Restore.
  4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
  5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.

Step#4

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
  3. Click Next to start the installation process.
  4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
  5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
  6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
  9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
  10. Click Next > Finish.
  11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

Thanks I could sort it out.

Hi Tanzim -

thanks for the detailed "how to".  Very good, however I could not get my blackberry curve running, I may have bigger problems.  My blackberry was getting the JUM Error 102 message, however now the screen is black and no button pushing will get the screen to come up with any message.  The bb is dead except for red blinking light at top.   I have the software downloaded on my laptop, but it will not pick up the bb as a device, even though it is USB connected.  Any advice?   I can not find a phone number to dial a human being at blackberry either.  totally frustrated.

ww

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Waterworld wrote:

Hi Tanzim -

thanks for the detailed "how to".  Very good, however I could not get my blackberry curve running, I may have bigger problems.  My blackberry was getting the JUM Error 102 message, however now the screen is black and no button pushing will get the screen to come up with any message.  The bb is dead except for red blinking light at top.   I have the software downloaded on my laptop, but it will not pick up the bb as a device, even though it is USB connected.  Any advice?   I can not find a phone number to dial a human being at blackberry either.  totally frustrated.

ww

Hello,

Are you the original poster of this thread -- and have registered a new ID here in the forums? Or have you found this thread and are asking the same question as the OP? It's difficult to tell for sure...

Nevertheless, it is possible that your battery has fully drained. See this article for hints as to different conditions:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB18223&sliceID=1&command=show&forward=nonthr...

As for the JVM 102 error, see this KB:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10068&slic...

As for direct-RIM support, first-line support is your carrier. If they cannot resolve, they can escalate you to RIM at no charge to  you. If you desire to go to RIM and bypass your carrier, there is a fee. See this page:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/programs/technical/incident.jsp#tab_tab_internet

Hopefully something there helps. If you are not the OP of this thread, please reply with that fact and we will have the MODS split off your posts to a thread of their own.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Hi

I also have the JUM error 102 message appear, and underneath it says RESET.

I tried to follow the steps as offered by another member in terms of going to the application loader, but it simple does not connect to the device.

Can anyone help me?  I have all my numbers that I cannot pull from the device (it's a BB Pearl)

HELP !!

Thx

Raj

i received the jum error 102 on my blackberry curve this morning - AT&T was not able to help - i have tried several times now to reset but still receiving the jum error 102 and the reset button underneath - could this possibly be a problem with my charger?  My husband's blackberry went down this week and he was given a new battery to replace - i used his charger last night and now i am wondering if that is the source of the problem - any help!!!

Hall of Famer II

shirley164 wrote:

i received the jum error 102 on my blackberry curve this morning - AT&T was not able to help - i have tried several times now to reset but still receiving the jum error 102 and the reset button underneath - could this possibly be a problem with my charger?  My husband's blackberry went down this week and he was given a new battery to replace - i used his charger last night and now i am wondering if that is the source of the problem - any help!!!

HI and Welcome to the Forums!

Everything regarding this error is already posted in this thread.

As to your theory about the charger -- possible I suppose, but not likely IMHO. Sometimes things just go bad. Sometimes a coincidence is just that.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Blackberry 9700 bold 2
My Carrier: Loyer

Hey!

I have blackberry 9700 bold 2, and everything was fine until today when suddenly closed and when i tried to open it ocurred to me: Jum error 102.and now i can't turn off my phone..this Jum error still appear.Any advices,please?

Hall of Famer II

[ Edited ]

glambby wrote:

Hey!

I have blackberry 9700 bold 2, and everything was fine until today when suddenly closed and when i tried to open it ocurred to me: Jum error 102.and now i can't turn off my phone..this Jum error still appear.Any advices,please?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Yes -- scroll up and try everything already posted in this thread. Report back with specifics.

Oh, and you might try posting in the 9700 forum...this one is for the 8100...but fortunately the steps above likely apply to both.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates