Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Visitor
finnmccord77
My Device: Blackberry pearl 9100
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Keyboard won't work and need to extract contacts from computer without unlocking phone.

[ Edited ]

Hey there!

My pearl's keyboard just recently broke and I need to extract my contacts to transfer to a new phone. Unfortunately I am unable to unlock the phone to access the files because of the keyboard. Is there any way to unlock the phone using the computers keyboard or simply bypass the password? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

I am on the Wind network

Pearl 9100 w/20 key QWERTY board

I've had the phone for approx. 2 years

possible water damage to keyboard

screen/battery work, tried rebooting.

computer won't recognize device until unlocked

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Keyboard won't work and need to extract contacts from computer without unlocking phone.

Hi finnmccord77,

Welcome to the Support Community!

When you connect your BlackBerry® Pearl™ 9100 smartphone to the computer, you should be prompted to enter your security password. You should be able to backup or synchronize the contacts your BlackBerry® Pearl™ 9100 smartphone using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software.

This KB article should help you set up synchronization with an email client on your computer. "How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/L2aRTL

If you are switching to another BlackBerry® smartphone, you can use the backup and restore tool in the BlackBerry® Desktop Software to backup your contacts and restore them to your new BlackBerry® smartphone. This KB article may help. "How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/IWfPl0

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.