Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Linking to a bluetooth compatible Palm.

I know this sounds crazy but has anyone been able to link via  bluetooth to the Tungsten E2?  I know you are all wondering why I actually want/need to do that since all the features from the E2 are on the Pearl BUT, I notice that both have bluetooth technology and since they do, why not try to link them, just to see if it really works.  I read somewhere that Blackberry bluetooth does NOT allow data transfer via bluetooth so here is the place to find that out I guess.

Thanks

Mark

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Linking to a bluetooth compatible Palm.

Hi!

While I don't have experience with the specific device you are asking about, here are some KB's about transferring files via BT.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05409&slic...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05343&slic...

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: Linking to a Bluetooth compatible Palm.

I have a Pearl 8130 and can not send or receive via blue tooth. It will show that it has found and connected but can not get it to do any thing else
Hall of Famer II

michael712020 wrote:
I have a Pearl 8130 and can not send or receive via blue tooth. It will show that it has found and connected but can not get it to do any thing else

Hi there!

Did you follow exactly the instrucitons in the links I provided to the OP of this thread? What happens when you navigate to the receiving folder and press the BBKey?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I went to the link that you offered. But the problem that I am having is that I can blue tooth with other devices. And the site that you offered stated that it was out of blackberries hand.

Thank You for all the Help.

Hall of Famer II

Actually, the links I offerred provided very specific instructions as to how to transfer files to/from a BT enabled BB. To receive files, you must do something on the BB before you initiate the send...and you must do that every time. What, exactly, are you attemtping to do? What, exactly, happens when you do so?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates