Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Low "In Call" Volume - BlackBerry Support Hope You Read This!

According to the knowledge base, RIM has purposely set the in call volume lower with the 4.X OS; in comparison to 3.X.  I am a relatively new BB Pearl user, love my phone and do not not want to get rid of it.  However, the in call volume is much too low.  And, this is regardless of whether I am listening via the unit, speakerphone, a headset or paired to my vehicle.  Unlike other smartphones, I have seen no 3rd party software available to users for purchase to address this problem, and either hope that changes or that RIM will address this issue in an OS upgrade as it seems to be a problem for a number of users. I don't even know if Support reads these email but at least I have vented.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Low "In Call" Volume - BlackBerry Support Hope You Read This!

Do you have the in call volume set all the way up? If you click on your call log icon then hit the menu key and select options. Then select general options. At the bottom you will see "default call volume". Is that set to 100%?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor

Yes, it is set @ 100%.

I am having the same issue with my Rogers 8900 device. I called tech support and they are saying my device is defective and will send me a new one. Hopefully the new one doesn't have the same issue.

My Device: Blackberry Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

I'm experiencing the same problems, I have the Blackberry Style and I absolutely love the phone but I'm having complaints by clients and friends that they cannot hear be. I went to Sprint and they gave me a brand new one as I only had the phone for a week. That did not fix the problem, they also gave me the newest update and that also did not work. So at this point I do not know what to do. All I know is whomever designed the phone to operate like that should be fired!