Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Seb8130
My Device: Not Specified

Media card problem

Hi, I am currently unable to access the pictures on my media card directly from the phone, the folder that used to be there isn't anymore. I can listen to music stored on the media card from the phone, hear voicenotes, see the videos that I recorded... but it's not working for the pictures.... From my computer, I see that my pictures are still there...

Can anywhone help to fix this problem, because my carrier has no idea.

Thanks in advance !

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Media card problem

So if you go into the Media icon, you don't see a Pictures icon? If you go into the Media icon, hit the menu button, and choose Explore. If you browse to the pictures folder do you see your pictures?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Seb8130

Hi,

Yes, when I go in the media icon, I can see the picture icon but when I go in it, it doesn't show me the pictures on my media card. If  i try to add a new folder, the path is in the media card.... so the bb detects it for sure....

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

What about when you use the Explore command?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Seb8130

Still isn't showing, when I do explore.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Since everything shows up on the computer can you copy all the files off the media card. Then go into Options | Media Card, hit the menu button and choose Format Card.

Doing so will erase all the contents from the card, but then it should also restore the default folder structure. So after that's done, copy all the files back onto the media card and see if you can see the pictures.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Seb8130

Thanks, I'll try !
Please use plain text.
Visitor
gameover5324

dont mean to barge in but im also havin a similar problem to yours. pretty much al the same details except for when i select menu while in the media center and select explore i do find all the files i transferred. 

only thing that seems odd to me is that only way i can access the files i.e. music, vids, ringtones etc is only by going into explore then serch for the folder manually and selecting it. 

for some reason my music goes onto the card which is formatted correctly and  etc etc... but when sal like i select music in media it says no songs and no pix and no vids etc. i have to go into explore is only way. that is wat im wondering if i too am doing somethin wrong or am i missing a step or forget to turn any settings on off etc ...

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

gameover5324 wrote:

dont mean to barge in but im also havin a similar problem to yours. pretty much al the same details except for when i select menu while in the media center and select explore i do find all the files i transferred. 

only thing that seems odd to me is that only way i can access the files i.e. music, vids, ringtones etc is only by going into explore then serch for the folder manually and selecting it. 

for some reason my music goes onto the card which is formatted correctly and  etc etc... but when sal like i select music in media it says no songs and no pix and no vids etc. i have to go into explore is only way. that is wat im wondering if i too am doing somethin wrong or am i missing a step or forget to turn any settings on off etc ...

This KB article mentions other things to try, but formatting is one of them - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10312

Haven't heard back from the original poster to see if it worked for them though. Good luck

Please use plain text.