Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
RascalC
My Device: Blackberry pearl 9100

Media card setting

I updated my phone to the latest OS version OS 6, via the mac black berry desk top manager, i checked the media card settings and it told me the media card was unavailable becuase mass stprage was enabled wich makes NO SENS, so I pulled the card out (unsafe way) and put it back in, now I can accessmy media card settings, only to find that in teh latest OS version for thw blackberry 9100 pearl, half the media card settings are gone including mass storage suport settings, I am unable to disable or enable  them, are these options no longer availble? how do I disable mass storage now that it's no longer available? why has the media card settings been made more simple? why are there no advanced options?

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Media card setting

Hi RascalC,

You can find your media card settings by going into Options>Device>Storage, however, the Mass Storage mode setting has been removed.  Now, when you plug your BlackBerry® smartphone into your computer, you will be prompted on your device's screen to whether you want to enable it.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
RascalC

i did that but I was not promted on that

Contributor
RascalC

No prompts ever ome up on the screen, the only thing that comes up on the blackberies screen when I plug my phone in, is an analog clock, no prompts of any kind.

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

When going into Options>Device>Storage, is the Media Card Support option checked?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!