Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
283inuyasha
My Device: Bold 9650
Accepted Solution

Memory Card Problems

Yo, I have a blackberry bold, I had it for a few months now and whatever, so a few months ago it says that my memory card won't work. Pops up with a message about if any lost clusters are found to repare them. I click yes. It basicly didn't do anything. So we thought ok just get a new memory card. Did that. And a few months later almost the same thing. But the thing is. There's nothing wrong with the old memory card, works on the tablet, computer, and other smartphones, same with the newer memory card!!!! But it happened after I disconnected it from the computer to get some files off it. And usually it'll do something it didn't do wid da last memory card. It'll start to say there's around 120 songs n the number would increase for a second, then start to decress to only 4 dumb songs! And it just pretends that there's no pictures on there. I tried updating my phone frm blackberry app world, taking the battery out, taking the memory card out. Nothing works. Of corse, its most likley the phone. Because the memory card is fine on ANY other device! :smileysurprised: So if someone can please have the solution to this, that would be great!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Memory Card Problems

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, I would agree that the problem is with the BB, at a hardware level -- and no amount of software, OS, or internet-distance diagnosis can do anything about that. If your BB remains under warranty, then seek support via that channel (typically from your original place of purchase). If your BB is not under warranty, then you have a harder decision...you would want to find out how much someone would charge you for repairs, and then decide if it's worth spending that or just buying a new device.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
283inuyasha
My Device: Bold 9650

Hmmm.... Already! Thank you :3
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are most welcome.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code