Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Menu button and Trackball are stuck in a 'Double Select' Mode

AT&T BB Pearl 8100 

On my desktop if I press the Menu button or the trackball, it displays the scrollable menu, but then automatically selects the first option, which in most cases is moveSo it keeps toggling between move and complete move for each press of the Menu button or the Trackball buttonBoth buttons are exhibiting the same behavior

The work around is to hold down the Alt Key and select Menu or TrackballThen, only the initial button press is invoked for Menu or Trackball and you can actually scroll the menu to select an option vs. the highted option being auto-selected.

I have found that I can use the Enter key (bottom right key on phone as a work around to single click vs. this annoyning auto-double click).

Another example of the problem is if I were to use my work around (Enter key) to look at my Text messages, the message list will be displayedIf I press the Menu button or Trackball with a message highlighted, the menu appears and it automatically selects the first optionwhich is generally Reply.

The only way I am able to scroll a list is to select Alt-Menu or Alt-Trackball, then I can actually highlight an option but to select it, I have to use the Enter key to select it.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Menu button and Trackball are stuck in a 'Double Select' Mode

Wow I must have stumped you guys... Formally communicated as a challenge from one engineer to another LOL.

I tried the full software erase and re-load to no avail.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Menu button and Trackball are stuck in a 'Double Select' Mode

Hello,

Sorry, but I didnt see a queustion in there.

Was there supposed to be one?

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq