Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
kthschfld
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 8120

Message Inboxes on my Pearl 8120

Hi guys

A little help please...

On 3rd December I received a message from BlackBerry on one of my email account advising me that the account is not currently accessible by my device, it may be an error with my ISP, the BIS service will continue to try to connect.

I logged into my BIS account and there were no errors showing, the email account was showing as valid.

I didn't receive any emails through from this account since.

On 8th December I received another message from BlackBerry for the same account saying that the email account is no longer accessible, may be a problem with my ISP, log in to my BIS account to verify the details.

So I logged in and the account was showing as requiring validation. I clicked on it to validate it and entered my account password and it told me that it was incorrect (it was the right password though). So I changed my password with my ISP and tried again (same error, incorrect) so I changed it again (same error).

To get it working I had to delete the email account and then add it as a new one. Hey presto, I am now receiving emails again.

Problem is... when the emails are received to my handset they don't show as new in the email inbox that it has been received in. I have all my inboxes separated:

SMS/MMS

Work

Personal

I keep the general "Messages" inbox hidden so that when I receive an email/SMS I know what it is by seeing which inbox has the little red splat on it. Now that I have deleted and re-added this email account though the little red splat isn't going onto my Personal inbox icon in my menu. When I unhide Messages the splat is there, when I go into the Personal inbox the new message is there but no splat.

Any ideas how I can get it working like it used to? When I receive a new message for my personal inbox I want it to have the little red splat on it to show that there is a new message in that inbox.

Thanks

Keith