If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
TraceyL4191
My Device: Not Specified

Messages Automatically Deleting

I am trying to get to the bottom of my "magically deleting emails". I have multiple email accounts and only on 1 account do my emails automatically delete (seems to be deleting by the 3rd day). It will leave any messages that have been sent from the BB but all received messages are gone.

Here is what I have done so far:

• Checked my memory - this seems to be the common message in many of the help and forum topics. I seem to be fine on the memory, I would also assume that if it is memory it would aslo affect my other 2 accounts which it doesn't.
  • Contacted my phone provider - they said memory, check. they said check all the account setting. I deleted the account and reset it. Checked all of the phone options i could find regarding deleting and they are all set properly so they shouldn't delete. they said they don't know.
  • Contacted my email provider - This account is provided by a 3rd party, not my phone provider. They said they don't delete and checked all of our account settings and they say there is nothing on their end and it isn't them.

So further to my own delemia is my co-worker also has the same problem on his phone. We use different serivce providers and have different models of phones. The only common denominator is the email provider we use. How do I get to the bottom of this? I am frustrated because everyone keeps saying it's not them that is doing it :smileysad:

Help would greatly appreciated!! 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,871
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Messages Automatically Deleting

So, you failed to state it -- what is your File Free at Options > Status?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TraceyL4191

my file free is 7155390 Bytes
Please use plain text.
JSanders

about 7MB file free.

You have a low memory problem.

Now, remove the battery of your device, hold a minute, replace and reboot. What is the File Free now?

Read this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/116396-managing-your-bb-memory-lost-ca...

And this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-opt...

Additional links to read:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15345&sliceId=SAL_Pub...
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14320&sliceId=SAL_Pub...
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB14213&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TraceyL4191

Well, I have gone through the steps you recommended and I am up to 14 MG. The sad thing is I also in the process have removed applications that were "nice to haves" like AppWorld but not critical. I never had this problem on my old BB (think it was a 7250). We will see in a few days if my messages stick around. I will update the post once I know.

Do you know if you have have more internal memory added to your phone? I am disappointed that I can pretty much dismiss ever adding anything cool and new for apps now because of this memory problem. If RIM wants to promote that than maybe it is time to up the interanl memory so end users can satisfy their inner app addiction! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You know, when I had the 8100,  8310 and 8300, I never had to delete to applications to manage the memory, and I kept between 25 and 35 apps loaded at all times.

There are SO many other things you can do to clear some memory space up, those links I gave you have all the info. For me, deleting apps would be last on the list, because just like you said, some of them are cool to have and use.

Read the links.

and no, you can't expand the internal device memory.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TraceyL4191

I have been keeping an eye on my one account with the disappearing email since cleaning up my phone and getting the internal memory up to 15 MGS. Today, all my email from Monday and earlier that I have received have been deleted. The emails I sent from that account on my phone are still present and my memory is at 12 MGS. Not sure if the problem is corrected, thoughts?
Please use plain text.