Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Highlighted
My Device: Pearl 8120
My Carrier: Orange

Missed call icon will not go away

Hello

I have a pearl 8120.  I had a few problems with it recently which I seem to have resolved, however I now find that there is always a missed callx1 icon at the top of my screen that will no go away.  I noticed a few other people have had this issue, and I have tried all of  the following suggested techniques:

* Hard Reset the BlackBerry by holding ALT, CAP (right Shift key), and DEL (or pulling out and reinserting the battery) 

* View Messages > Saved Messages 

* View Messages > View Folders, check each folder (missed calls, SMS in and out boxes, MMS in and out boxes, Saved, browser, phone logs etc) 

* Scroll to top of message folder, over the date heading, click or press menu to MARK PRIOR OPEN 

* Change your theme and see if it persists, and change back to your desired theme. (Options > Theme > select.) 

None of these have worked, and it seems that the final option is to wipe my blackberry completely, which I'd obviously  rather not do.  Before I do this - does anyone have any other suggestions to solve this?

Many thanks in advance