Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: Not Specified

My Pearl Keeps erasing contacts that I've entered??

[ Edited ]

Ok see if anyone can help me with this... I have  a blackberry Pearl 8130 with Verizon, running OS 4.5. My address book keeps randomly losing new contacts that I've entered over the last month. Older contacts don't seem to be affect only recently added ones. I'm not syncing my phone with any computer, if I add a contact to my phone I just e-mail to myself and add it to the address book on my Mac. I can't seem to find an reason for why' it's doing this I've check the software and it's current. Can anyone offer any help or suggestions? Is there some way to do a hard reset besided just pulling the battery? I've tried that and it still doing the same thing. or a way to completely reinstall the OS ? Any ideas are welcome. Thanks. -HB

Message Edited by hbabels on 05-14-2009 07:01 PM
Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: My Pearl Keeps erasing contacts that I've entered??

[ Edited ]

If you are not sync with anything, sounds like it is an OS issue.  I would suggest to reload/upgrade the latest OS from your the carrier you bought the BB from.

See How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using the Application Loader tool

By the way, if you are using a MAC, you need to user PocketMac instead of desktop manager, and also keep in mind by performing the above will wipe all information from your handheld.  Although you can do a backup first, but restoring anything back is a risk to restore the bug back to your device. 

Short term pain, long term gain.

Message Edited by Forza on 19-05-2009 07:58 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.