Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

stonesoup
My Device: Not Specified

My new pearl won't talk to my Mac Book Pro.

It shows up in the About this Mac pane as a RIM Composite device connected to any USB port, but the pearl 8100 doesn't ever say connected to desktop, and PocketMac therefore can't sync.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, the bluetooth will only allow me to send the SIm information to my computer. I keep getting a "device doesn't have

the necessary services"  message.

Thanks for any help you can muster. 

Regular Contributor
PocketMacAnne
My Device: 8300

Re: My new pearl won't talk to my Mac Book Pro.

Hi!

For now, Bluetooth isn't an option for syncing.  (It's a very popular request... and your desire to use it is noted.)  :womanvery-happy: 

Since you have a Pearl, our PocketMac knowledgebase (KB) offers a few things you can check into.  If these steps don't solve the problem, I encourage you to come to our support site (URL below my signature) and enter a Support Request so our engineer can help get you up and running. And that's free!  Here's the note from our KB:

*The default setting for ‘Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode’ on the BlackBerry Pearl is ‘Prompt’ this default setting will cause connection problems.

1 . MEDIA CARD INSTALLED - NO

A. Navigate to the Options menu on the Pearl.
B. Select Advanced Options, then Media Card.
C. The settings on Media Card screen should read:

Media Card Support = On
Encryption Mode = None
Mass Storage Support = On
Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected = No
**There is no Media Card Present**

2. MEDIA CARD INSTALLED - YES

A. Navigate to the Options menu on the Pearl.
B. Select Advanced Options, then Media Card.
C. The settings on Media Card screen should read something like this (example):

Media Card Support = On
Encryption Mode = None
Mass Storage Support = On
Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected = Yes
Total Space = 512.00
Free Space = 486.00

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
ugo
ugo

I appreciate the post. It is only with the help of this and similar kinds of forum posts that I was able to get syncing with the Mac to work at all.

As a comment to Blackberry (and PocketMac):

It was very disappointing to find out that syncing a Blackberry (8110) with the Mac is so difficult. It took several evenings to get PocketMac to work via USB cable (initially only the calendar synced, it would crash for the addressbook), and using Bluetooth, as I thought would be standard these days for a smart phone like Blackberry's, isn't working at all. I would not have bought a Blackberry had I known about these sync issues.

When is Bluetooth sync with the Mac coming???

Contributor
turbodiesel

I had similar problem, after I formated micro sd I took it out, put that in my computer, sync to that, then put back in pearl... Worked for me.