Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Charlottenoodle
My Device: Not Specified

My phone stops receiving SMS messages!

Hi Everyone,

I have a blackberry 8110 and every so often it just stops receiving text messages. Obviously I don't notice for a while but then I figure out that a few people have text me and I haven't recieived the messages, then if I send one to myself I don't even get it!  When this happens all of the messages that I have previously sent or received disappear from my inbox. Emails are unnaffected though. The only way I start receiving messages again is if I take my simcard out and put it in my old samsung and then receive a message, when I put the simcard back in the blackberry its fine. I don't mess around with the message settings and its very unpredictable when it happens. Does anyone have any ideas about how I could stop this?

Thanks,

Charlotte

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: My phone stops receiving SMS messages!

Do your call logs also get deleted when this happens?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Trickey

My Blackberry also does the same thing,,,,I also have the problem of my phone  THINKING all the time and not ringing when  folks call.
New Contributor
Charlottenoodle

Hi lorriem,

Yes I think my call log also gets deleted. I have read some of the other posts an have started to think that it may be a problem with memory but I don't have any songs or games or anything stored on my phone and I have checked the status and there seems to be a lot of memory free. Also I have set the options so that the mesages are only kept for 15 days which is te lowest option, so it isn't like I have thousands of messages stored on the phone either. 

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

Surfing the web also clutters up the memory by storing recent pages and cookies. Open your browser click the menu key and select options and then cache options. Then clear all the fields listed. Can you tell me your file free and file total numbers?
New Contributor
Charlottenoodle

Ok thank you for that, I didn't realise that using the internet uses memory. I have done what you said and the total file free is 4201833 Bytes and the file total is 58195968 Bytes.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

You're memory is still very low.  Can you send me some info from you Blackberry?

Go to options and then status, then click the menu key and select database sizes.  Then please post the numbers and databases you have listed there please.  This will tell us what is using up your memory.

New Contributor
Charlottenoodle

The things that have the highest numbers are Address Book 78/10.5, Autotext 108/6.5, Messages 8/13.4, Phone call logs 11/2.7, and SMS messages 18/6.7. I don't understand why phone call logs is taking up so much space as there are only 2 phone calls in it! I don't have that many contacts in my address book either. Also, I went through my old text messages, emails, and contacts and deleted the ones that I didn't need anymore and my 'file free' actually went down.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

You're right, I don't see anything alarmig about any of those numbers. But in that list of database sizes what does it say for "content store"? And did you do a battery pull after deleting all those other things?
New Contributor
Charlottenoodle

For content store it says 43/9461.4k. I'm assuming thats bad? No I didn't take my battery out or anything afterwards. I will try it now.