Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

azboy
My Device: Not Specified

My son's handheld BB curve 8300 is locked and he can't remember the password. Any suggestions?

Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: My son's handheld BB curve 8300 is locked and he can't remember the password. Any suggestions?

There isn't a way around the password on the device. If he enters in the incorrect password 10 times the device should wipe itself, and take the password off. He will lose any unsaved data, though.
azboy
My Device: Not Specified

Re: My son's handheld BB curve 8300 is locked and he can't remember the password. Any suggestions?

When the device wipes itself, do i have to go back to the wireless carrier to get it working again?  Or should it just work like before.  I suppose he loses all unread text messages and emails and the phone log probably goes away as well?

Thanks!

Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

No, you don't need to go back to the carrier for anything. Yes, you will lose all messages/contacts/meetings/tasks/etc from the device. Unless you have a recent backup that is.