Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
bryantquach
My Device: Not Specified

My yahoo messenger's bb 8320 doesn't work, plz help me !!!!!

Hi, i bought this fone blackberry 8320 long time ago, but i cant use yahoo messenger and internet, i try to login to  my rounter, all done, but when i try to login my yahoo messenger, i got error  mess, said " this handheld cannot connect", sry i dont remmember exactly the whole sentence because i tried to do like this by another web.

Alright I wanted this app so bad I finally was able to get the service books courtesy of my good friend flash24. So here are the steps in getting it to work.

1.Make sure you download the application from the mobile.blackberry.com website directly from your Blackberry Browser.

2. Download the service book file from here. http://www.box.net/shared/aetu7mfqip

3. Launch your Desktop Manager, connect your BB.

4. made a backup of my original blackberry files
5. open "backup/restore"
6. clicked on advance
7. it shows two boxes, the box on the left was empty...box on right had all the files that were on my phone.
8. the service books i downloaded on step 3 were on my desktop so i dragged and dropped it to the right box on advance "backup/restore"
9. grabbed my phone went to settings>options>advanced options>service books
10. once in service books, i deleted all the extra service books which were email accounts that were not mine
11. after i finished deleting the new service books that were not mine (the email account service books) opened a browser and surfed to my BIS with ATT (used computer to go to the site not my blackberry browser)
12. click on the link called service books
13. then click on "send service books"
14. you will know it worked because you will get emails saying you have added new email accounts to your phone.
15. open YIM 2.0 login
16. if you get to this step you are happy because you are using YIM"

but im not done yet, i stop doing at step 11, because i dont understant that step, then i try to login my yahoo messenger, still not working, they just keep signing and didnt show any error message.

plz help me, thanks

New Contributor
bryantquach
My Device: Not Specified

Re: My yahoo messenger's bb 8320 doesn't work, plz help me !!!!!

ok my error mess:" service not enabled for this handheld"

Chris007
My Device: Curve 8520

Thanks a lot man. It worked like a charm for my BB 8520. :manhappy:

wisnuabimanyu
My Device: 9300

i cant get the service book because this link http://www.box.net/shared/aetu7mfqip not available anymore.. is there another link?